S2AS - News

Monday 29 August 2011

First News and Picture of 2012 F-One Bandit 5 (V)

Now in its 5th iteration the Bandit has been a great kite and is changing every year!

Below is the first news about this kite by dealer Dom Yule:

"Wow – What a day!

Woke up at 7am UK time on Sunday morning, kissed my gorgeous girlfriend goodbye and now at 14.00 (UK time) on Monday afternoon, I write this after no sleep and a 6000+ mile journey which has just culminated in a 9meter session at head and a half high Manawa on the South Western tip of Mauritius.

I’m here with a group of other F-One distributors from around the world to be introduced to the full 2012 F-One range of kites, boards and SUPS. What a perfect start – we climbed out of the transfer bus, walked through the beautiful ‘Indian Resort’, onto it’s private beach to be greeted with S.E’erly trades blowing at 20-25knots and a worryingly large reeling wave wrapping down the reef off in the distance.

The kites and the surf boards were ready rigged and waiting so out we went… a great way of getting rid of that road dust. I plan to use this Blog to share info on the new products as and when I receive it over the next week or so. Let’s start with a sneak preview of the new Bandit 5;

The 2012 F-One Bandit 5

Each year most brands bring out new models of their kite ranges – each year I always wonder just how the last kite can be improved on, surely the wheel can’t keep being reinvented. The Bandit 3 was a fantastic kite, the Bandit 4 took the whole ‘one kite does it all’ concept to the next level but could Raph and his elite R&D team do it again?! Well, I guess I’m bound to say it, but the honest truth is that once again they’ve made that wheel just a little bit rounder!

First impressions on seeing the new Bandit 5 – the F-One quality is there along with the usual attention to detail. The first striking change for me was the reduction in the volume of the leading edge and struts – things are getting seriously streamlined here, I’ll go into more detail when I can get some better shots and more info from the guys that designed the kite. Visually the colour range is stunning – really classy options here. The bar is similar to the 2011 Airlite with a couple of tweaks; again more info here when I have it.

I was handed the new 2012 6’0″ Surf which, although still in the Bamboo construction, has had a complete overhaul. The 6’0″ along with the 5’10″ are now even more dedicated ‘kite’ surf boards. Quad fin, sculpted double concave and pronounced ‘V‘ on the bottom complimented with a recessed deck means these boards will drive hard and fast, turn on a sixpence and excel in any conditions you take them out in;

Top shot of the new 2012 Bamboo 6'0"

Here’s a shot of the bottom of the same 6’0″ Surf – fingers crossed this shaky and very remote internet connection allows me to upload all this!

Mmmmm - Quad Fin

Tomorrow is my first full day here – I’ve only scratched the surface of the line up here, I’ll dig deeper tomorrow and bring you more news of this great looking range."

Other released material: